Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Amalia's Interpretation of Hot Rods

Last few weekends we (as in me & Mr Hubby) brought the children to McDonalds for usual makan-makan. So they all had the fried chicken Happy Meals and we had prosperity burger. Nothing happen here actually.

But... the very next day, while watching TV, there were only me & Amalia. She will not stop talking from the moment she open her eyes till she close it again. Huh! So many questions and statements from her. While watching the TV, the KFC Hot Rods commercial was on air and this conversation had happened...

Amalia : Mummy, nak tu (her lips were puckering to point to the TV commercial)

Me : Nak apa?

Amalia : Tu nak ayam tu.

Me : Kan semalam kite dah makan ayam. Tak boleh la makan ayam hari-hari.

Amalia : Ala... semalam ayam besar. Yang tu ayam kecik...

Me : Managed to give her a wide grin only.

And I was thinking, this 2 year old kid knew how to differentiate the chicken. So for her one piece of fried chicken is ayam besar. And the hot rods are ayam kecik. Thankfully she did not nag me to buy the hot rods. Macam tak menarik. He he he.. I'm not a fan of chicken anyway.

Another thing about her is, whenever she sees me using laptop, she'll would simply come to me and says, "Mummy, nak main game boleh tak?". And you read it right. She is a toddler without the problem of saying every word loud and clear. She is not replacing K with T or R with L. I think it's because she loves parroting!

So my parent tip for today is pronounce the word correctly. Don't ever use the baby language. Even though some might find it cute! Not worth it.

No comments: